Friday, May 13, 2011

PAIN

I broke my goddamn kneecap.

Wednesday night I was moving up the stairs in my house.  My right foot went down on the step, but as I moved to motion for the next step, my right foot slipped out from under me, and I went straight down on my right knee, connecting hard and directly with the edge of the step.  It made quite the noise (I think it was mostly the stairs), and the pain was immediate and immense.

To my absolute joy, I was informed that I have a minor fracture by the doctor at the walk-in clinic (which I joyfully spent three hours at yesterday morning).  I'm now nursing a limp and a bulky brace on my knee.

Thankfully, though, it's been feeling a lot better today.  I can stand on it, I can transfer weight onto it, I can use the stairs (though slowly), and today I was on my feet outside with friends for a little while and the only negative result from that was my leg getting ridiculously sweaty with the brace on.

This would happen the day after I legitimately go to the gym, and only days before my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment