Thursday, October 21, 2010

Things you probably didn't know about me

I suck at updates!  To be honest lately I literally don't have much to talk about.  There hasn't been much going on in my life noteworthy; there isn't much I feel like reviewing or critiquing or yelling about.  I could rant about the GQ Glee photoshoot that Lea Michele and Dianna Agron did but a) it'll probably end up looking a bit like my Katy Perry post and b) I'll definitely end up being very biased to one of the two (shame on you Lea! Dianna.. carry on)

I've had the idea of doing a little "about me" post for a while, but rather than listing the things you probably already know about me, I've decided to list things you probably DON'T know about me, ranging from easy going trivia to (borderline in-depth) opinions.


I can't sing.  I wish I could.  My casting in JCS was largely due to Mr Guidice liking me - I don't even think I sang for the audition, and when they asked if I had a song prepared from the musical I gave a firm "no" and they retorted with an "ok, bye."  I sing a lot to myself when I'm alone or when I'm driving, but I'm so off-key it's embarrassing.

I have this love for animals.  It kills me when I hear about animal violence; to be honest I'm not overly comfortable when I consider the meat I eat.  In that sense, I can understand the vegetarian point of view, but I know that at this point in my life I wouldn't be able to do it.

Life's dream: being a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.

I've never seen a vast majority of classic Disney cartoons.  Cinderella - nope.  Pocahontas, Bambi, Dumbo - none of them.

I love reality television.  I've watched Survivor since the first season - yeah, impressive - but this is the first year that I've looked at it and I've decided not to watch.  I think after 20 or so seasons it's all been the same to me.

Although we live in such a technological communicating society I find I still don't fully understand it.  I sign on facebook daily now out of obligation; there's really nothing I do other than play Bejeweled Blitz for ridiculous amounts of time.  While I'm constantly attached to my Blackberry and feel lost when I don't have it on me, I really don't see such a necessity for constant contact.  Blackberry Messenger might've been the worst thing that's ever happened to me in that sense - I'm at my most accessible in a physical and literal sense, though not quite mentally.  In the same realm, I feel like the internet is a bit of a slippery slope at times; I could even interchange the word "internet" for "blog" but since I'm a blogger I'd sound like a hypocrite.  At times, a person completely logged on to the technological society can open themselves a bit too far; can burn bridges without discretion.  Because of that, you don't see much personal ongoings here - you see things about Katy Perry's boobs and yetis.

I'm fairly absent minded; I say things without putting any weight behind them, and the times where another person were to go "what?" are times of weakness.  I've always thought I'm opinionated - in fact, I can say I'm very opinionated - but my problem is I'm not so expressive.  I can make my mind up on something, but I don't have enough fact or proof behind it.  In a debate, I'd win due to being too stubborn.


Expect a sequel of sorts to this - much like, and I promise, some more entries to the Things I Hate vault.

No comments:

Post a Comment